Do you love the outdoors? So do we! Skating in Springer Market Square is a classic winter tradition! Did you know that the city has 14 other skating rinks? Four of them are within walking distance of Queen’s campus!
Grab your skates and head outside to enjoy winter!
For more information, visit the City of Kingston website!
Staffed Rinks (red markers on map)
Include heated changing facilities, with washrooms. They are open Monday to Friday, 4-9 pm & Saturday and Sunday, 12-9 pm. Each facility has a skating area or track and a hockey rink
- City Park – Bagot St. between Barrie & West St. tel: 613-546-5797
- Skeleton Park (aka McBurney Park) – between Alma, Balaclava & Ordnance St. – 613-546-5900
- Polson Park – on Robert Wallace Dr. between Miles & Runnymede Rd. – 613-546-6056
- Springer Market Square – at Brock & King St E – 613-546-000
- Victoria Park – on Brock St. between Alfred & Albert St. – 613-542-0462
- Woodbine Park – 1180 Woodbine Rd.
Unstaffed Rinks (blue diamonds on map)
No change facilities. These rinks will be made subject to available water supply and weather permitting.
- Cataraqui Woods Park – 805 Cataraqui Woods Dr.
- Henderson Park – 800 Henderson Blvd.
- Markers Acres Park – 201 Conacher Dr.
- Molly McGlynn Park – Rose Abby Dr. off Highway 15
- O’Connor Park – Inverness Cres. between Aberfoyle & Westmoreland Rd.
- Shannon Corners – 2400 Perth Rd.
- Third Avenue Park – 141 Third Ave.
No change facilities. These rinks will be made subject to available water supply and weather permitting. The respective community groups maintain these rinks.
- John Brewer Park – Brewers Mills Rd. (Next to Firehall #2)
- Pierson Park – Joyceville Rd. (Next to Firehall #1)
The City of Kingston operates a skate rental service at Springer Market Square, open on select dates and times.
Public restrooms, a warming/change area and small lockers for personal items and shoes are available in the lower level of City Hall = bring your own lock. An accessibility ramp is available at the North entrance off Brock Street.
Sizes available: Children’s size 10 to men’s size 12 in hockey and figure skates.
Cash only. Tax included. Exact change is appreciated.
- Children (12 and under) – $2.50
- Youth (13 to 24) and Seniors (65+) – $3.75
- Adults (18+) – $4.75
- Group rate (maximum of 5) – $10.00
You can also rent skates, snowshoes or cross-country skis from local outdoors store Trailhead, located at 262 Princess Street (near the Grand Theatre). Tel: 613-546-4757 | E-Mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skate Rentals: $10 (3 hours) or $12 (overnight/up to 24 hours)
- Snowshoe Rentals: $15/Day or $30/Weekend
- Credit cards are required for all rentals.
- Open M-W: 9:30am to 6pm, T-F: 9:30am to 7pm
Saturday: 9:30am to 6pm
Sunday: 11:00pm to 5pm