Do you love the outdoors? So do we! Skating in Springer Market Square is a classic winter tradition! Did you know that the city has 14 other skating rinks? Four of them are within walking distance of Queen’s campus!
Grab your skates and head outside to enjoy winter!
For more information, visit the City of Kingston website!
Staffed Rinks (red markers on map)
Include heated changing facilities, with washrooms. They are open Monday to Friday, 4-9 pm & Saturday and Sunday, 12-9 pm. Each facility has a skating area or track and a hockey rink
- City Park – Bagot St. between Barrie & West St. tel: 613-546-5797
- Skeleton Park (aka McBurney Park) – between Alma, Balaclava & Ordnance St. – 613-546-5900
- Polson Park – on Robert Wallace Dr. between Miles & Runnymede Rd. – 613-546-6056
- Springer Market Square – at Brock & King St E – 613-546-000
- Victoria Park – on Brock St. between Alfred & Albert St. – 613-542-0462
- Woodbine Park – 1180 Woodbine Rd.
Unstaffed Rinks (blue diamonds on map)
No change facilities. These rinks will be made subject to available water supply and weather permitting.
- Cataraqui Woods Park – 805 Cataraqui Woods Dr.
- Henderson Park – 800 Henderson Blvd.
- Markers Acres Park – 201 Conacher Dr.
- Molly McGlynn Park – Rose Abby Dr. off Highway 15
- O’Connor Park – Inverness Cres. between Aberfoyle & Westmoreland Rd.
- Shannon Corners – 2400 Perth Rd.
- Third Avenue Park – 141 Third Ave.
No change facilities. These rinks will be made subject to available water supply and weather permitting. The respective community groups maintain these rinks.
- John Brewer Park – Brewers Mills Rd. (Next to Firehall #2)
- Pierson Park – Joyceville Rd. (Next to Firehall #1)