The City of Kingston in partnership with the Correctional Service of Canada (CSC) and the St. Lawrence Parks Commission (SLPC) will open Kingston Penitentiary (KP) for public tours this summer.
Tours will be open to the public from Wednesday to Sunday. On Tuesdays, the tour will operate for local Kingston residents only.
- The tour route lasts approximately 90 minutes.
- General admission tickets are $25 per person (plus taxes & fees).
- Kingston residents can take advantage of a special local Tuesday rate of $20 per person (plus taxes & fees). Enter the first 3 digits of your Kingston postal code in the Promo Code box (upper right hand corner) to access this special rate.
St. Lawrence Parks Commission will be the Operator for the tours. Tickets now on sale.
- From June to September tours will operate every 20 minutes starting at 9am until the last tour at 7:40 pm.
- A fall schedule will see tours available 4 days per week from Thursday to Sunday until October 31st.
- Tickets will be available online only at www.kingstonpentour.com.
In an effort to manage inventory and accommodate visitor’s ability to secure tickets, inventory will be released as follows:
- 50% of ticket inventory for the season will be released on June 6.
- June 30 – remaining 50% of JULY inventory released.
- July 29– remaining 50% of AUGUST inventory released.
- September 6 – remaining fall inventory released.
Net proceeds of the tours will support tourism and destination marketing initiatives, as well as youth programs through the United Way of Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington.