There are many places you can go in Kingston to test out new music or spoken word in front of a live audience.
Upcoming Coffee Houses/Open Mic Nights:
- Step Above Stigma Coffee House – Tues. March 5 at 7pm-9pm @ Kingston Hall reflection room. All ages. Free.
- “And the journey continues” open mic – Tues. March 5 at 7pm-9pm @ The Elm Cafe. All ages. Free.
- Ultraviolet Magazine: Open Mic Night – Wed. March 6 at 6pm-8pm @ The Union Gallery in Stauffer Library. All ages. Free.
- Engineers Without Borders: Open Mic – Thu. March 7 at 7:30pm-9:30pm @ The Tea Room. All ages. Free.
- PHE/Kin O-week/Equity & Wellness Coffee House – Thu. March 7 at 7:30pm-10:30pm @ Ale Canteen. 19+ only. $5
- Tommy’s Open Mic Comedy Night – Mon. March 11 at 10pm-12am @ Tommy’s. 19+ only. Free
- English DSC Open Mic Night – Tues. March 19 at 7pm-9pm @ The Grad Club. All ages. Free.
Here’s a list of weekly Open Mic Nights in Kingston:
- Musiikki Cafe – every Tuesday at 8pm-11pm – sign-up sheet is posted on Facebook each week
- Rose & Crown – every Wednesday at 8:30pm – hosted by Tom Savage
- “and the journey continues” monthly open mic reading series – the first Tuesday of every month – hosted by Bruce Kauffman
- The Royal Jam – every Thursday from 9pm to midnight – hosted by Gary Lavallee, Mark Taras, Mike Pacey & Rene Vermette
Unconfirmed Venues that occasionally hold open mic nights