Fall internship — We are looking for outgoing, energetic people who want to have fun this year by going to unique, local events! The ideal candidate has excellent verbal communication skills and strong leadership skills. They are detail-oriented and have good organizational skills. They can work well with others to accomplish team goals, and are eager to take initiative and build relationships within the Queen’s community. Experience working with the public is an asset.
Intern Responsibilities include:
- Represent QueensEvents.ca at public events and positively interact with students and the public
- Plan and execute promotions on-campus to get the word out to students
- Set-up/take-down at promotional events
- Brainstorm ideas for contests, giveaways, events
WED. SEPT. 19 IS THE DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR 2018-2019
Questions? Email Christian Soriano at firstname.lastname@example.org
Make the most out of your time at Queen’s and in Kingston!
QueensEvents.ca is a collaborative, student-run event promotion initiative. We are the only team that actively promotes all upcoming events across the University and downtown Kingston – more than 50 events every week, year round!
Our talented team comes from a variety of backgrounds, and we function like a start-up / not-for-profit / project, associated with the AMS.
- flexible time commitment, 5 hours per week
- opportunities to gain real-world experience in several fields including marketing, communications, event planning, software development and journalism.
- learn and apply new knowledge and skills.
- meet people from different faculties who share similar interests.
- make a difference – breaking down communication barriers to improve access to information about incredible events!
Established in March 2012, QueensEvents.ca is a grassroots event promotion initiative that assembles and distributes information about local events at Queen’s and downtown Kingston.
We work with Queen’s clubs, student groups, and local organizations to get the word out to Queen’s students about their events.
To connect all Queen’s University students, faculty, staff and alumni to the greater Kingston community through the promotion of academic, arts, and social events within walking distance of campus.
Who runs it?
QueensEvents.ca is a collaboration between 350+ event organizers and a core team. We work together to create an accessible all-in-one events calendar.