Interested in a career in event planning, marketing or communications?
Our talented team comes from a variety of backgrounds, and we function like a start-up / not-for-profit, with project funding from the AMS opt-out fee.
Perks of being on the QueensEvents.ca team:
- flexible time commitment, 5 hours per week
- opportunities to gain real-world experience in several fields including marketing, communications, event planning, software development and journalism.
- learn and apply new knowledge and skills.
- meet people from different faculties who share similar interests.
- make a difference – breaking down communication barriers to improve access to information about incredible events!
- Represent QueensEvents.ca at public events and positively interact with students and the public
- Plan and execute promotions on-campus to get the word out to students
- Set-up/take-down at promotional events
- Brainstorm ideas for contests, giveaways, events
Contact us to find out when our next volunteer orientation session is — firstname.lastname@example.org
Established in March 2012, QueensEvents.ca is a grassroots event promotion initiative that assembles and distributes information about local events at Queen’s and downtown Kingston.
We work with Queen’s clubs, student groups, and local organizations to get the word out to Queen’s students about their events.
To connect all Queen’s University students, faculty, staff and alumni to the greater Kingston community through the promotion of academic, arts, and social events within walking distance of campus.
Who runs it?
QueensEvents.ca is a collaboration between 350+ event organizers and a core team. We work together to create an accessible all-in-one events calendar.