Get the word out to people nearby who are already looking for cool events!
Are you planning an event at Queen’s University or downtown Kingston in 2019? Fill out this form & we’ll help you reach 5,000+ people already interested in going to events!
Concerned that your event may not qualify? Email email@example.com with your event name & date.
Recurring Events Policy
Why? QueensEvents.ca is focused on promoting one-time-only events, therefore we do not accept year-round activities.
- We prioritize one-time-only events to avoid clutter.
- Daily events can be added for a maximum of 7 days.
- If you are posting about Hiring, instead of submitting the application period, submit the application deadline (one day).
Events vs. Activities – What’s the difference?
- If anyone can go at any time, it’s an Activity (e.g. skating, rock climbing, art gallery).
- If you are hosting a special, one-time-only occasion (e.g. figure skating show, rock climbing competition, art gallery reception), this likely counts as an Event.
Glossary of Terms
- Event: a one-time-only occasion that has a fixed end date. Example: Concerts, speaker series, film screenings, art receptions, sports games, open mic nights, workshops, dances, fundraisers, club nights, career fairs, etc.
- Activity: a recreational pursuit that does not have a specified end date.
- Within walking distance of Queen’s campus: from Lake Ontario Park to the Leon’s Centre; from Kingston Memorial Centre to the Tett Centre
- Mention @EventsQueens on Twitter in your event announcements and we’ll retweet you!
- Tag @queensevents on Instagram in your event posts, and we’ll share it!
- Post in the Queen’s Events Facebook group (must have NetID).
- Must be within walking distance of Queen’s.
- Must be within a “student” budget.
- Not against the law. No keggers, no house parties. Because it’s illegal to promote them, plus Kingston Police follows us!