Established in 2012, QueensEvents.ca is a grassroots event promotion initiative that assembles and distributes information about local events at Queen’s and downtown Kingston.
To improve access to information about all upcoming events within walking distance of Queen’s University.
Who runs it?
QueensEvents.ca is a collaboration between 350+ event organizers and a core team led by Sarah Witiuk. We work together to create an accessible all-in-one events calendar. Our core team takes care of marketing, website development, partnerships, and training. If you are an event organizer, it’s free to become a contributor.
To connect all Queen’s University students, faculty, staff and alumni to the greater Kingston community through the promotion of academic, arts, and social events within walking distance of campus.
- Flexible commitment, 3-5 hours per week
- opportunities to gain real-world experience in several fields including marketing, communications, event planning, software development and journalism.
- learn and apply new knowledge and skills..
- meet people from different faculties who share similar interests.
- make a difference – breaking down communication barriers to improve access to information about incredible events!