Established in 2012, QueensEvents.ca – or simply QueensEvents – is a grassroots event promotion initiative based in Kingston, Ontario.
Through our website, Facebook Page, Twitter @EventsQueens and Instagram @QueensEvents pages, we highlight upcoming arts, academic and social events in the community to help students/staff/residents discover what unique one-time-only events throughout the year.
To improve access to information about all upcoming events within walking distance of Queen’s University.
Who runs it?
QueensEvents.ca is a collaboration between 350+ event organizers and a core team led by founder Sarah Witiuk. We work together to create an accessible all-in-one events calendar. Our core team changes each year, giving students hands-on professional experience in marketing, communications, website development and sales. If you are an event organizer, it’s free to become a contributor and add your events to the calendar.
To connect Queen’s University students across all faculties to the greater Kingston community through the promotion of academic, arts, and social events within walking distance of campus.
We receive $0.50 from Queen’s undergraduate students each fall through the AMS Opt-out Student Fee program. This funding goes towards project expenses including marketing, website development and training of our core team. Our team is 100% volunteer-run.
If you would like to support our project with financial or in-kind donations, please contact Sarah at email@example.com
- Flexible commitment, 3-5 hours per week
- opportunities to gain real-world experience in several fields including marketing, communications, event planning, software development and journalism.
- learn and apply new knowledge and skills..
- meet people from different faculties who share similar interests.
- make a difference – breaking down communication barriers to improve access to information about incredible events!