JDUC – John Orr Room 344
Located at the northeast corner of University Avenue and Union Street, the John Deutsch University Centre (JDUC) is used by students, staff, faculty, and alumni for a variety of purposes. It houses the Alma Mater Society (AMS) offices, the Queen’s Pub, Alfie’s, the Memorial Room, and was the original home of the Common Ground before it moved to the Queen’s Centre.
The centre is located on the site of Kingston’s old Orphan’s Home, a large and handsome building constructed in 1862 that was purchased by Queen’s in 1927 to serve as the Students’ Memorial Union, named in commemoration of students who died during the First World War.
- There were no results found.