Home to the the Smith School of Business, Goodes Hall opened in 2002 and was established through fundraising and the Ontario Superbuild program. The facility is named after Mary and Cedric Goodes, parents of benefactor Melvin Goodes (Com ’57).
At a cost of over $25 million to build, Goodes Hall occupies a renovated and expanded former 1892 schoolhouse, the Victoria School, preserving the building’s heritage and combining it with the contemporary design, architecture and cutting-edge learning tools of a modern business school.
The building is equipped with state of the art information technology systems and video conferencing, greatly enlarged lecture halls, a sophisticated architectural design, and increased resources. The 188,000 square foot facility includes a large central atrium, 16 classrooms, 20 meeting rooms, as well as faculty and administrative offices.