The Juvenis Festival – Costume Design Workshop
Friday, May 5th @ 4:00 PM - 7:00 PMFree
Facilitated by Anne Redish
Date: Friday May 5
Location: Kingston Community House at 99 York Street
The Juvenis Costume Workshop will be the place to be to get your costume questions asked and answered! It will give you the opportunity to learn the key aspects of costume design, a wee smidge of history of stage costumes, and perhaps most importantly, how to manage the complex needs of working backstage with costumes. We will research, plan, doodle, sketch, draw, colour, cut-&-paste, and/or many other things, while considering the many often-divergent needs of costuming a show!
Requirements/What to bring
- Laptops (not required and not necessary if inconvenient in any way for participants)
- 2 or 3 sketches &/or photos of previous costume projects (even Halloween and party garments)
- ONE sewn item for yourself or someone else
- Pencil crayons; a pair of fabric-suited scissors; a good pencil; a good eraser; a uhu-type glue stick
- Something paper-ish to make some notes on, since some of the instruction-type notes may be in drawing form, and not easy to note on your laptop
- Yes, you can bring your cellphones, and use them too!
- Participants should also bring an outer garment or large accessory (ex. A scarf- not a circle or infinity scarf) that you can share and trade for the duration of the class only. We will NOT alter these in any way. Think: hat, scarf, shawl, cape, vest, tie, gloves, over-shirt, overskirt, a med chunk of fabric or a towel. We can use the mundane, average and boring as well as the more unique. I will bring some too! Please put your name on it somewhere.