- This event has passed.
FREE Biology Department Guest Speaker
Tuesday, March 21st @ 10:30 AM - 11:30 AMFree
Departmental seminars are held Friday’s at 12:30 pm normally Room 3110 BioSciences Complex.
The Departmental Seminar Coordinator for 2015-16 is Dr. Chris Eckert. Please contact him at 613 533 6158 if you have ideas for a speaker or wish to volunteer yourself.
Tuesday, March 21 at 10:30am-11:30am in Botterell Hall rm 139
- “Assessing the natural attenuation potential for oil spills by marine bacteria in Canada’s oceans”
- Dr. Charles Greer, Group Leader, Biomonitoring, Energy, Mining and Environment, NRC, Montreal, PQ
Saturday, April 1 at 12:30pm-1:30pm in Room 032A School of Medicine
- Aylward E.R. Downe Memorial Lecture
- “The inside-view of reproductive interactions between males, females, & their molecules in Drosophila”
- Mariana Federica Wolfner, Professor, Dept. of Molecular Biology & Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca NY
Saturday, April 15 at 12:30pm-1:30pm in BioSci rm 3110 or 1102
- “Redox activation of Arabidopsis PPP-family mitochondrial serine/threonine protein phosphatase SLP2 by the oxidoreductase MIA40”
- Dr. Greg Moorhead, Professor, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Calgary
Friday, June 10 at 12:30pm-1:30pm in BioSci rm 3110
- “The application of microalgae to problems of environmental concern: Conversion of carbon dioxide emissions to value-added biomass”
- Dr. Patrick McGinn, Senior Research Officer, Microalgae Biotechnology, Aquatic & Crop Resources Development, NRC, Halifax, NS
Friday, June 17 at 11:30am-12:30pm in BioSci rm 3110
- “Exploring several non-conventional interactions of ice-binding proteins.”
- Heather Tomalty, PhD candidate with Virginia Walker, Biology Department, Queen’s University