- This event has passed.
OXJAM: Local Music, Global Cause (19+)
Saturday, November 11th @ 9:00 PM - 12:00 AM$8 - $10
Oxfam at Queen’s Presents OXJAM 2017: Local Music, Global Cause. RSVP ON FACEBOOK
Come support an important cause and enjoy a fun evening at the Grad Club, featuring your favourite local musicians: Paper Ladies * Enrights * Sean from the Yukon * Julia Finnegan
Doors open at 9pm * Tickets are $8 in advance, $10 at the door * 19+ admission. RSVP ON FACEBOOK
Proceeds go to Rohingya Refugee Crisis Fund
- More than 603,000 Rohingya people have crossed over from Myanmar into Bangladesh, fleeing systematic violence and persecution. The influx continues, with 2,000 more arriving every day.
- These individuals are living in terrible conditions and need life-saving assistance now.
- This is a large scale and escalating humanitarian crisis.
- Oxfam is responding now and has reached nearly 185,000 Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh by providing clean drinking water, portable toilets and sanitation facilities, plastic sheets, and other essential supplies.
- Going forward, Oxfam’s programmes will include: clean water and sanitation; hygiene materials and promotion; gender integrated into our provision of water, sanitation and hygiene; safe spaces for women
Double your impact: The Canadian Government announced the Myanmar Crisis Relief Fund in response to the crisis. Donations made from August 25 until November 28 will be matched. This means by attending Oxjam, your contribution will have have double the impact.
This event is 19+ only and is open to the public.