- This event has passed.
H’art Centre: “A Gift From Martadella”
Friday, Apr. 20 @ 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
One event on Saturday, Apr. 21, 2018 at 2:00pm
One event on Saturday, Apr. 21, 2018 at 6:00pm
AN INSPIRING MUSICAL FOR ANYONE WHO BELIEVES THEY HAVE MORE TO GIVE
& H’ART CENTRE’S 20TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION EVENT
Produced by H’art Centre, By Kathi Toth Switzer & David Archibald, Directed by Kathryn MacKay, Script and Musical Contributions H’art participants, Kathi Toth-Switzer, David Archibald, Performed by Actors and performers from H’art School and the community, Signature Sponsor: Thériault Wealth Management Team of RBC Dominion Securities.
Twenty years ago, we met Martadella, in H’art’s first theatre production entitled “Martadella’s Gift”, a young girl who communicated in a special way using a magical bubble wand. Martadella challenged and inspired others to look beyond appearances and search for the beauty and unique gifts of those who appear different.
- In H’art’s new musical, we meet Sam and Marta, a couple who had been inspired by Martadella’s Gift years ago as high school students after starring in the production. Ironically, they have a daughter, Stella, who, like Martadella, cannot speak.
- Sam and Marta have spent 20 years working hard to create a safe and comfortable life for their daughter. Marta feels that she understands and knows what’s best for Stella. But can Stella be satisfied with comfortable when she has so much more to give?
Join over 40 remarkable local performers from H’art for this spirited celebratory performance showcasing their talents as actors, musicians and visual artists along with performers from the community.
A Gift from Martadella is a story about a young woman who embarks on a journey of new personal discoveries drawing inspiration from that same magical bubble wand from years ago.
- Friday, April 20 at 6pm
- Saturday, April 21 at 2pm & 6pm*
- Friday night & Saturday matinee – Adults: $20. Seniors (over 65): $12. Children (12 and under): $12.
- *Saturday night – Adults: $30. Seniors (over 65): $12. Children (12 and under): $12.
- *Saturday night – Gala & Prime Seating Ticket: $50 (select the April 21st evening ticket option and then choose seating in rows D, E or F to purchase prime seating ticket which includes entrance to Gala reception immediately after the show)
- Please inform box office if you need accessible wheelchair seating in row O
- Ticket prices are inclusive of HST and ticketing fee
Canadian Senator Patricia Bovey will attend on Saturday, April 21st at 6PM and will share words about her work in both the Senate and the Arts as well as attend our special Gala reception.
H’art Centre gratefully acknowledges support from: Ballytobin Foundation, The Isabel Bader Centre for the Performing Arts, and The Ontario Arts Council.
A Gift From Martadella is being presented as part of the 2018 Isabel Human Rights Arts Festival.