Be Still Sangha: Mindfulness Evening
Tuesday, August 29th @ 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
You are invited to arrive 5-10 minutes early to settle in so we can start on time.
On the agenda:
1. Sitting meditation
2. Walking meditation
3. Mindful movements/stretching (gentle yoga, Qi Gong)
4. A reading on Buddhist teachings (we pass a book around the circle and each of us reads a paragraph from it if we wish).
5. Dharma sharing: sharing our experience with the practice in our daily lives or asking questions.
6. Mindful songs, as always 🙂
Investment: Attendance is free of charge (donations welcome to cover space rental). We also take additional payments in forms of smiles & hugs 🙂
What to bring:
1) An open mind, eyes of compassion, and a big heart.
2) A water bottle
3) A yoga mat & cushion. There will be chairs available if you prefer.
4) Your lovely smile
– All are welcome, including beginners.
– Please wear loose comfortable clothing. For example, track pants and t-shirt. Avoid jeans and dresses as we’ll be moving around.
– To help each other deepen the mindfulness practice, please turn off your mobile phones. If you are expecting an urgent call kindly put your phone on silent and answer your call discreetly.
– In considerations of others with allergies please come along scent-free: ie no perfume, cologne, fragrances, or scented products.
– We have an email list for announcements and sharing about the practice. To sign up, we invite you to come along to one of the mindfulness evenings.
– You are welcome to ask questions about meditation, mindfulness, Buddhist practice, as well as personal issues to the facilitators in person or in email.
– You are encouraged to speak with and make friendships with other people in the group. It is very helpful to have friends who are also practicing this path.
We look forward to seeing you for a joyful and peaceful evening.