How it Works
Don’t know where to go to get Queen’s students to find out about your events? You’ve come to the right place!
QueensEvents.ca is the only campus-community events calendar that you can use to get the word out to thousands of people in the Queen’s community about your awesome events!
Events must be:
- within walking distance of Queen’s campus (main or west).
- within a student’s budget — under $100.
- one-time-only — see our Recurring Events Policy below.
- not against the law — no keggers/house parties.
- If concerned that your event doesn’t fit the Event Criteria above, please email Sarah at email@example.com
Recurring Events Policy
- We prioritize one-time-only events to avoid clutter.
- Daily events are acceptable for a maximum of 7 days.
- If you are posting about Hiring, instead of submitting the application period, submit the application deadline (one day).
- If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Examples of “events” include: Concerts, speaker series, film screenings, art receptions, sports games, open mic nights, workshops, dances, fundraisers, club nights, career fairs… and more!
Event: “a one-time occasion that has a fixed end date. Can include recurring events, less than 1 month.”
- If you are hosting a multi-day festival or theatre performance, this likely counts as an Event.
Activity: “a recreational pursuit or pastime that does not have a specified end date.”
- If you are hosting a tourism activity that anyone can go to at any time, this is an Activity and not an Event (e.g. skating, rock climbing, Haunted Walk, art gallery).
- Note: If your Activity is hosting a special event/one-time occasion (e.g. figure skating performance, rock climbing competition, art gallery reception), this likely counts as an Event.
Want more promotion?
Mention @EventsQueens on Twitter in your event announcements and we will retweet you to 5,000+ followers!
Tag @queensevents on Instagram in your event announcements and we will re-post your photo on our account, crediting you in the description. *Please do not spam!
Anybody in the Queen’s University network (with an @queensu.ca email) can post event announcements for free in the Queen’s Events Facebook group