Submit your 2017 events to QueensEvents.ca!
Want more people to hear about your events? Feeling limited by Facebook events? Don’t know where to go to get Queen’s students to find out about your events? You’ve come to the right place! QueensEvents.ca is the only all-in-one calendar platform that you can use to get the word out to thousands of people in the Queen’s community about your awesome events!
- within walking distance of Queen’s campus (main or west).
- within a student’s budget — under $100.
- one-time-only — see our Recurring Events Policy below.
- not against the law — no keggers/house parties.
- If you’re concerned that your event might not meet the Basic Event Criteria above, please email Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to add your event to the calendar
- Step 1: Go to QueensEvents.ca/calendar (opens in a new tab) to check if your event has already been listed.
- Step 2: If not, click here to Register or click here to Log-in as a Community Contributor. Forgot your password? Click here to change it.
- Step 3: Fill out the Submission form at QueensEvents.ca/calendar/add and click Submit.
- Step 4: If you need to make any changes, go to QueensEvents.ca/calendar/add/list to edit/delete your event.
- If you have any questions, please email Sarah at email@example.com
BONUS: Free Access to the Queen’s Events network on Social Media
We use social media keep fans up-to-date with the latest event announcements. There are 3 ways you get extra free promotion and engage with a wider audience via Queen’s Events’ social media networks.
- Mention @EventsQueens in your event announcements and we will retweet you to 5,000+ followers! **Within reason. Please do not spam! Follow @EventsQueens
- Tag @queensevents in your event announcements and we will re-post your photo on our account, crediting you in the description. *Please do not spam!
- Anybody in the Queen’s University network can post event announcements in the Queen’s Events Facebook group
We promote Events, not Activities
We define an Event as “a one-time occasion that has a fixed end date. Can include recurring events, less than 1 month.” If you are hosting a multi-day festival or theatre performance, this will most likely count as an Event.
We define an Activity as “a recreational pursuit or pastime that does not have a specified end date.” If you are hosting a tourism activity that anyone can go to at any time, this is an Activity and not an Event (e.g. skating, rock climbing, Haunted Walk, art gallery).
- Note: If your Activity is hosting a special event for a one-time occasion (e.g. figure skating performance, rock climbing competition, Guest Haunted Walk, art gallery opening reception), this will count as an Event.
Recurring Events Policy
“Events” include: Concerts, speaker series, film screenings, art receptions, sports games, open mic nights, workshops, dances, fundraisers, club nights, career fairs… and more!
- During the busy season (September through April), our website promotes over 60-80 events per week!
- Therefore, we prioritize one-time-only events so that the calendar doesn’t become overwhelmingly cluttered.
- We will accept application deadlines (one day).