Submit your 2018 events to QueensEvents.ca!
Don’t know where to go to get Queen’s students to find out about your events? You’ve come to the right place!
QueensEvents.ca is the only campus-community events calendar that you can use to get the word out to thousands of people in the Queen’s community about your awesome events!
How it Works
Events vs. Activities
We define an Event as “a one-time occasion that has a fixed end date. Can include recurring events, less than 1 month.” If you are hosting a multi-day festival or theatre performance, this will most likely count as an Event.
We define an Activity as “a recreational pursuit or pastime that does not have a specified end date.” If you are hosting a tourism activity that anyone can go to at any time, this is an Activity and not an Event (e.g. skating, rock climbing, Haunted Walk, art gallery).
- Note: If your Activity is hosting a special event for a one-time occasion (e.g. figure skating performance, rock climbing competition, Guest Haunted Walk, art gallery opening reception), this will count as an Event.
All submitted events must be:
- within walking distance of Queen’s campus (main or west).
- within a student’s budget — under $100.
- one-time-only — see our Recurring Events Policy below.
- not against the law — no keggers/house parties.
- If you’re concerned that your event might not meet the Basic Event Criteria above, please email Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org
Examples of “events” include: Concerts, speaker series, film screenings, art receptions, sports games, open mic nights, workshops, dances, fundraisers, club nights, career fairs… and more!
Recurring Events Policy
- We prioritize one-time-only events to avoid clutter.
- Daily events are acceptable for a maximum of 7 days.
- If you are posting about Hiring, instead of submitting the application period, submit the application deadline (one day).
- If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Want MORE Promotion?
QueensEvents.ca is more than just a website! We use social media to keep fans up-to-date with the latest event announcements. We offer 3 extra ways to get promotion of your events!